Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2007/12/06 10:21:36 UTC

Problem with Cocoon commit r600218

Hi Lenya devs,

as you might have noticed, the Cocoon commit r600218 is causing serious
trouble in the usecase framework. I don't know if there's a new bug in
Cocoon or if we had a kind of workaround in our code which breaks now.

What shall we do about it?

a) try to fix it asap
b) release 2.0 with Cocoon r600217

WDYT?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Problem with Cocoon commit r600218

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi

Am 06.12.2007 um 10:21 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:

> as you might have noticed, the Cocoon commit r600218 is causing
> serious trouble in the usecase framework. I don't know if there's a
> new bug in Cocoon or if we had a kind of workaround in our code
> which breaks now.
>
> What shall we do about it?
>
> a) try to fix it asap
> b) release 2.0 with Cocoon r600217

I'm for b) with finding out in parallel about the nature of the bug
(it might be helpful either for lenya (2.0.1), cocoon (2.1.11) or both).

Thanks a lot!

Jürgen

null-oder-eins GmbH Zürich
web & graphic design

www.null-oder-eins.ch

ragaller@apache.org
Skype: callto://ragaller

Re: Problem with Cocoon commit r600218

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> as you might have noticed, the Cocoon commit r600218 is causing
> serious trouble in the usecase framework. I don't know if there's a
> new bug in Cocoon or if we had a kind of workaround in our code which
> breaks now.
>
> What shall we do about it?
>
> a) try to fix it asap
> b) release 2.0 with Cocoon r600217

both ;-) but rather b).

as said before I think it's bad to keep chasing the "rabbit". Rather try
to be the hedgehog.
Alright, maybe this comparison isn't prefect, but it's a nice story
anyway :-)

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup

Re: Problem with Cocoon commit r600218

Posted by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> as you might have noticed, the Cocoon commit r600218 is causing
> serious trouble in the usecase framework. I don't know if there's a
> new bug in Cocoon or if we had a kind of workaround in our code which
> breaks now.
>
> What shall we do about it?
>
> a) try to fix it asap
> b) release 2.0 with Cocoon r600217
>
> WDYT?
>
> -- Andreas

I'd say we need to find out if it's our problem or Cocoon's problem
asap. The last thing we need is for Cocoon 2.1.11 to be released with a
bug that prevents us from using it.

b) for the moment would work for the moment.

Richard

[Solved] Re: Problem with Cocoon commit r600218

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Lenya devs, FYI:

Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> as you might have noticed, the Cocoon commit r600218 is causing serious
> trouble in the usecase framework. I don't know if there's a new bug in
> Cocoon or if we had a kind of workaround in our code which breaks now.

It was a Cocoon problem.

> What shall we do about it?
>
> a) try to fix it asap
> b) release 2.0 with Cocoon r600217

The issue is resolved in Cocoon r602257.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH