Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr> on 2013/06/12 19:57:58 UTC

Metadata command-line ready for test

Hello all

An initial version of command-line with metadata support is ready for
testing. The easiest way to get the binaries is to download the file
created by Jenkins:

https://builds.apache.org/job/sis-trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/bundles/sis-0.3-geoapi3.0.pack.gz

For unpacking the JAR file:

unpack200 -r sis-0.3-geoapi3.0.pack.gz sis.jar

Help page (also a way to check that the JAR is okay):

java -jar sis.jar

Testing with a NetCDF file (the only format supported for now). The
application accepts URL, so in this test I'm giving the URL to a small
NetCDF test file on the GeoAPI SVN:

java -jar sis.jar metadata http://svn.code.sf.net/p/geoapi/code/trunk/geoapi-netcdf/src/test/resources/org/opengis/wrapper/netcdf/NCEP-SST.nc

Ignore the "WARNING This operation require the “sis-temporal” module"
warning, since the sis-temporal module is not yet ported. This means
that the temporal information will be missing in the metadata for now.
Users of Java 6 on MacOS may get strange characters. One can fix that
either by using Java7, or by adding the "--encoding UTF-8" option on the
command line.

The output of the above command shall be the content of the NCEP-SST.nc
file header, re-organized in a tree matching the ISO-19115 standard. The
XML output is not yet supported - I will test it starting tomorrow. The
tree structure is not my choice - it comes from the standard, and given
that we are likely to see it in various situations, it is probably a
good idea to become familiar with it...

Tests and feedbacks are welcome. It is also time for NetCDF users to
start reporting inaccurate or incomplete metadata reports :-)

Martin