Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roman Chrenko <ro...@itspace.sk> on 2014/12/04 10:05:33 UTC

restricting JMX

Hi, all.

Is it possible to restrict JMX for Tomcat 7?

I use Tomcat 7.0.42. I configured Tomcat as described in http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/monitoring.html.

I used JmxRemoteLifecycleListener in server.xml, as described in http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/listeners.html.

Now I can see from jConsole (tab MBeans > Users > User) also administrator's name and password.

Is it possible to restrict some information which is provided by Tomcat server to JMX (MBean Server) users? If yes, how?

Best regards,

Roman

Re: restricting JMX

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/12/2014 09:05, Roman Chrenko wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> Is it possible to restrict JMX for Tomcat 7?

Yes. If you want a more specific answer, you'll need to ask a more
specific question.

> I use Tomcat 7.0.42.

Time to upgrade, especially if you are using JMX.

> I configured Tomcat as described in
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/monitoring.html.
>
> I used JmxRemoteLifecycleListener in server.xml, as described in
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/listeners.html.
>
> Now I can see from jConsole (tab MBeans > Users > User) also
> administrator's name and password.
>
> Is it possible to restrict some information which is provided by
> Tomcat server to JMX (MBean Server) users?

No. JMX is an admin interface and as such has access to everything.

> If yes, how?

N/A.

Mark