Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Arulazi D <ar...@india.hp.com> on 2002/11/18 07:22:59 UTC

SOAP over SMTP

Hi
Does any body have worked with SOAP over SMTPTransport?
Any pointers to the samples would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Arul

Re: SOAP over SMTP

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Jason Essington <ja...@GreenRiverComputing.com>.
On Monday, November 18, 2002, at 01:10  PM, Steve Loughran wrote:

>> I am curious if their is already an effort to implement XML-Security
>> into AXIS in a transport agnostic sort of way?
>
> The starting place would seem to be the SOAP1.2 SOAP over SMTP spec,
> and the
> WS-I stuff on WS-Security. Essentially a SOAP message can be signed and
> encrypted regardless of transport, and Axis already supports that when
> built
> with xml-security. SMTP transport should just hand off those details
> to axis
> itself

yup, read that (SOAP 1.2 Email Binding).

I see the samples/security stuff, Is that what you mean by "Axis
already supports that", or are there premade handlers for signature
verification and authentication?

-jason

Re: SOAP over SMTP

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by Jason Essington <ja...@GreenRiverComputing.com>.
Steve

I have continued this thread from the axis-user list here because this
seems a more appropriate forum.

Re: SOAP over SMTP

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.

Re: SOAP over SMTP

Posted by Jason Essington <ja...@GreenRiverComputing.com>.
Steve

Re: SOAP over SMTP

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.

Re: SOAP over SMTP

Posted by Jason Essington <ja...@GreenRiverComputing.com>.
Hi Arul

I am trying to build an email transport into jboss.net (the axis in
JBoss). There is already some code in cvs
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jboss/contrib/
jboss.net/src/main/org/jboss/net/axis/mail/) the code that is there is
rather rough so far. I have to have message verification and
authentication via xml digital signatures working soon as well.

There are certainly huge gaps in this implementation as of yet. For
instance there isn't a way to send SOAP messages via email.

I could use comments / code from people who are interested in an email
transport or xml security (digital signatures and encryption) for SOAP.

Thanks

-jason