Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Joey Hess <jo...@kitenet.net> on 2003/07/28 22:49:54 UTC

../ in svn:externals?

I see that I can currently set up a svn:externals like this:

../foo svn+ssh://server/path

Or even like this, if .. is not already a svn WC:

.. svn+ssh://server/path

Is this a bug or a feature? I can think of a few off-the-wall uses
(involving keeping ones dotfiles and whole home directory in
subversion), but it seems it could have security implications as well.

--
see shy jo

Re: ../ in svn:externals?

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> writes:
> > I see that I can currently set up a svn:externals like this:
> >
> > ../foo svn+ssh://server/path
> >
> > Or even like this, if .. is not already a svn WC:
> >
> > .. svn+ssh://server/path
> >
> > Is this a bug or a feature?
>
> I'm not exactly sure... Karl?

It's a bug -- externals shouldn't allow ".." for the target wc path.

Joey, can you file an issue?  I'll watch for it.

Thanks,
-Karl

Re: ../ in svn:externals?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Joey Hess <jo...@kitenet.net> writes:

> I see that I can currently set up a svn:externals like this:
>
> ../foo svn+ssh://server/path
>
> Or even like this, if .. is not already a svn WC:
>
> .. svn+ssh://server/path
>
> Is this a bug or a feature?

I'm not exactly sure... Karl?