Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/01 04:35:52 UTC

Re: Using JSON for index input and search output

VL,

Solr (not Lucene, but you can embed Solr) has JsonUpdateRequestHandler, which lets you send docs to Solr for indexing in JSON (instead of the usual XML):
http://search-lucene.com/c/Solr:/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/JsonUpdateRequestHandler.java

And you can get Solr to respond with JSON, as you pointed out:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolJSON

Otis
----