Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Alessandro Forghieri <Al...@think3.com> on 2002/05/08 11:17:59 UTC

[modperl2] Note on the win32 docs

Greetings.

A note on the modperl2 documentation:

the CGI example produced does not send a content-type header (hence it isn't
a working CGI script). If the script is amended accordngly, the given
configuration needs an additional

 PerlSendHeader On

directive to "compensate".

Cheers,
alf

Re: [modperl2] Note on the win32 docs

Posted by Peter Rothermel <Pe...@watchguard.com>.
Randy Kobes wrote:

> On Mon, 13 May 2002, Peter Rothermel wrote:
>
> The blib/ directory under C:/Apache2 doesn't actually
> have to be moved anywhere - one includes it with the directive
>     PerlSwitches -Mblib=C:\Apache2
> specified in the supplied httpd.conf .... So, for this
> distribution, one doesn't need to do anything with the
> Perl stuff ... Or am I misunderstanding something?

When you built the mod_perl distribution did you use
perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=C\Apache2   MP_INST_APACHE2=1 LIB=C:\Apache2\blib\lib

thanks
pete

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Peter Rothermel wrote:

> Excellent document.
> A slight enhancement request.
> Could you give some details on how to separate
> the modperl installation from the Perl installation?
> I believe the latest binary release has the mod_perl
> installed in a separate blib under the C:\Apache2 directory.
>
> thanks
> -pete

Thanks ... I assume you're talking about the Apache-2/modperl-2
binary within the Apache2.tar.gz archive referred to ...

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Alessandro Forghieri wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> A note on the modperl2 documentation:
>
> the CGI example produced does not send a content-type header (hence it isn't
> a working CGI script). If the script is amended accordngly, the given
> configuration needs an additional
>
>  PerlSendHeader On
>
> directive to "compensate".

Alessandro, please be more specific. which document you are talking
about. sending patches are the best way to get things fixed.