Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com> on 2003/01/30 19:25:55 UTC

[Proposal] Versioning DTDs

The DTD for intake could change for each released version of Intake.
The same would hold true for any sort of DTD that we use as part of the
application.  The sample XML file that we supply to the users has a
defined DTD on the jakarta site.  This doesn't really matter for running
turbine since Intake will pull the DTD from the jar file.

However, XML editing tools will use the DTD as defined in the XML file.
For that reason, I think that we should put the intake.dtd fiel for each
version of Turbine on the jakarta site with the version number added to
the file name.

Exmaples:

Intake.dtd  (leave this one as is for version 2.1)
Intake_2_1.dtd (just to be consistent)
Intake_2_2.dtd
Intake_2_3.dtd
Etc...

The sample XML files would reference the correct one for the version of
turbine being used.  The DTD resolver would need a slight modification
to check for this.

Any objections?

RE: [Proposal] Versioning DTDs

Posted by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com>.
Good to see you back on the list  :-)

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
+1 (Torque should also do this for database.dtd)

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade