Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by minh tuan <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2013/07/24 09:22:05 UTC

Print svg file with PrintTranscoder in applet

Hi Batik users,I'm doing an applet which can print svg sttring to printer.But when i use PrinterJob and set printable is PrintTranscoder then print, it has error with sun class unknown source.Could i use PrintTranscoder in applet ? or i wrong in something ?Pls help me, Thank you in advance.Tuan.

Re: Print svg file with PrintTranscoder in applet

Posted by minhtuan <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Helder Magalhães <helder.magalhaes <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Hi Batik users,
> Hi minh tuan,
> > I'm doing an applet which can print svg sttring to printer.
> > But when i use PrinterJob and set printable is PrintTranscoder then
print, it has error with sun class unknown source.
> > Could i use PrintTranscoder in applet ? or i wrong in something ?
> You must use the JDK/JRE from Sun (now Oracle) with all currently released
versions. You can use other JDK/JRE if you compile Batik from source (trunk
version currently stands for 1.8). If you have trouble with that, there are
also nightly builds available.
> > Pls help me,
> > Thank you in advance.
> > Tuan.
> Let us know how it goes!
> Hope this helps,
>   Helder

Hi Helder ,
thanks for your reply, i fixed that problem with unknow sources.
But i got another issue with printtranscoder to print svg.
If my svg has text element length longer than 10 characters, its missing in
result, if i delete some words then it prints correctly ( text length = 10
or <10 ).
Do you know why it like that ?

Thank in advance.

Re: Print svg file with PrintTranscoder in applet

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
> Hi Batik users,

Hi minh tuan,

> I'm doing an applet which can print svg sttring to printer.
> But when i use PrinterJob and set printable is PrintTranscoder then
print, it has error with sun class unknown source.
> Could i use PrintTranscoder in applet ? or i wrong in something ?

You must use the JDK/JRE from Sun (now Oracle) with all currently released
versions. You can use other JDK/JRE if you compile Batik from source (trunk
version currently stands for 1.8). If you have trouble with that, there are
also nightly builds available.

> Pls help me,
> Thank you in advance.
> Tuan.