Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@xs4all.nl> on 2005/07/06 20:23:36 UTC

EAR project with multiple EJB's

Hi all,

I seem to have difficulty in understanding the directory setup of a J2EE
project in 1.0.2  :-(
I found two almost complete presentations which gave me two slightly
different solutions. One using *standard* maven directory setup which
resembles what you see below and one using the reactor whereby webapp,
ejb's & ear were all sub-projects extending from a main (project.xml)

Now I'm unsure what's the preferred way and if I have multiple EJB's (6
in my case) is that one directory (as shown below) containing all the
EJB source or should it be split into say dir ejb1 -> ejb6. If the
latter, how does this affect the settings for the EJB goal whereby you
can set the EJB src directory?

Hope this question makes sense.

Colin

\---src
    +---main
    |   +---java
    |   |   \---com
    |   |       \---mycompany
    |   |           \---app
    |   \---webapp
    |   |
    |   \---ejb
    |       \---META-INF
    |   |
    |   \---application
    |       \---META-INF
    \---test
        \---java
            \---com
                \---mycompany
                    \---app

Re: EAR project with multiple EJB's

Posted by Colin Chalmers <co...@xs4all.nl>.
Hi Stephane,

thx for the reply.

For the sake of clarity by one module you mean one sub-project?
Although they are all for the same small application whereby one calls
the other they are performing different tasks.

I felt that seperate projects was a bit overkill, I may be wrong.

Colin

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I would rather consider whether those EJB are grouped in the same
logical module (i.e. set of functionnality). If so, keep it in a
single directory producing a single artifact (ejb-jar in this case).

If those EJBs are completely separated, create one module per EJB
(this seems strange to me however).

Hope it helps,
Stéphane

On 7/6/05, Colin Chalmers <co...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I seem to have difficulty in understanding the directory setup of a J2EE
> project in 1.0.2  :-(
> I found two almost complete presentations which gave me two slightly
> different solutions. One using *standard* maven directory setup which
> resembles what you see below and one using the reactor whereby webapp,
> ejb's & ear were all sub-projects extending from a main (project.xml)
>
> Now I'm unsure what's the preferred way and if I have multiple EJB's (6
> in my case) is that one directory (as shown below) containing all the
> EJB source or should it be split into say dir ejb1 -> ejb6. If the
> latter, how does this affect the settings for the EJB goal whereby you
> can set the EJB src directory?
>
> Hope this question makes sense.
>
> Colin
>
> \---src