Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2009/04/24 17:42:51 UTC

Avoiding Payload Serialization

If I have a Java object that I want to use as a message payload, with
the vm:// transport and no persistence, is there a way to avoid having
it serialized?  I saw a note in the code that JMS requires
serialization for ObjectMessage and a setting to avoid that, but it
didn't really work.  When I tried that setting the serialization just
happened when the message was sent rather than when it was created.  I
also tried a MapMessage but that wouldn't take a non-standard type as
the value.

Is there any way to avoid serialization entirely?

Thanks,
      Aaron