Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Casas, Claudia" <cc...@utep.edu> on 2005/01/12 19:56:22 UTC

servlet help

I am running tomcat5.5.4, apache2.0.52 and jk2.
1)I an run my jsp's and servlets from root. I have configured tomcat to run my jsp's from the homedirs, but I do not know how to configure tomcat to run servlets from the homedirs.

I can run my jsp's like this: http://myserver/~myhomedir/myfile.jsp or http://myserver:8080/~myhomedir/myfile.jsp
Either way it works fine.
What do I need to add so that my servlets run from my homedirs as well??

These are my configuration files:

/usr/local/apache/workers2.properties

info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

#define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
`
# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
#[uri:/jkstatus/*]
#group=status:status

# Uri mapping
[uri:/jsp-examples/*]

[uri:spark.iss.utep.edu/*.jsp]
group=ajp13:localhost:8009

I added the following in my httpd.conf also:

<Location "/*.jsp">
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
</Location>

(Before I would just add the lines below in my httpd.conf, and jsp's and servlets would work!
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /*/servlet/ ajp13)

Also, I have the following in my server.xml file to run my jsp's from my homedirs:
 <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
    directoryName="wwwdocs"
    userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase"/>

What am I missing???