Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/25 01:43:49 UTC

SGA and a grant

Hi all,

I am translating http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal
into Japanese.
:)
I have just come up to "Initial Source."
Initial Source
The initial source will consist of a collection of OpenOffice.org
files as specified in Oracle's submitted SGA.
During incubation, we will seek a grant to the following additional items:
    MySQL Connector module
    default images
    ChildWorkSpaces (CWS)
I have some questions.

1. What is SGA?  Is it System Global Area?
2. Can we see SGA?
3. Does the statement above mean that MySQL Connector module, default
images and CWSes are not specified in the SGA?

Thanks,
khirano

Re: SGA and a grant

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ross and all,

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Ross Gardler
<rg...@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> 1. What is SGA?  Is it System Global Area?
> Software Grant Agreement - http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt
:) I see.

>> 2. Can we see SGA?
> The one Oracle signed is private, but it is a standard SGA as linked to above.
:) I see.

>> 3. Does the statement above mean that MySQL Connector module, default
>> images and CWSes are not specified in the SGA?
> I better let someone more knowledgeable than me answer that one.
:) OK.

Really thanks for your answers!, my translation work can go on :)
Regards,
khirano

Re: SGA and a grant

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 25 June 2011 00:43, Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am translating http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal
> into Japanese.
> :)
> I have just come up to "Initial Source."
> Initial Source
> The initial source will consist of a collection of OpenOffice.org
> files as specified in Oracle's submitted SGA.
> During incubation, we will seek a grant to the following additional items:
>    MySQL Connector module
>    default images
>    ChildWorkSpaces (CWS)
> I have some questions.
>
> 1. What is SGA?  Is it System Global Area?

Software Grant Agreement - http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

> 2. Can we see SGA?

The one Oracle signed is private, but it is a standard SGA as linked to above.

> 3. Does the statement above mean that MySQL Connector module, default
> images and CWSes are not specified in the SGA?

I better let someone more knowledgeable than me answer that one.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: SGA and a grant

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for you help.

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net> wrote:
>> 3. Does the statement above mean that MySQL Connector module, default
>> images and CWSes are not specified in the SGA?
>
> It would seem from the proposal and the discussions before the approval
> that this is correct.  A request is being worked on for these and other
> files that were not in the original grant.
:) Good!  Now I can make my Japanese translation tone be optimistic :)
Thanks,
khirano

Re: SGA and a grant

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.
Kazunari Hirano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am translating http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal
> into Japanese.
> :)
> I have just come up to "Initial Source."
> Initial Source
> The initial source will consist of a collection of OpenOffice.org
> files as specified in Oracle's submitted SGA.
> During incubation, we will seek a grant to the following additional items:
>     MySQL Connector module
>     default images
>     ChildWorkSpaces (CWS)
> I have some questions.
>
> 1. What is SGA?  Is it System Global Area?
> 2. Can we see SGA?
> 3. Does the statement above mean that MySQL Connector module, default
> images and CWSes are not specified in the SGA?

It would seem from the proposal and the discussions before the approval
that this is correct.  A request is being worked on for these and other
files that were not in the original grant.

Andy