Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/14 11:18:16 UTC

Is this warning expected?

Hi

I ran SOLR tests today and I've noticed this print appearing several times:

    [junit]
    [junit] ------------- Standard Error -----------------
    [junit] 14.okt.2010 12:14:28
org.apache.solr.common.util.ConcurrentLRUCache finalize
    [junit] SEVERE: ConcurrentLRUCache was not destroyed prior to
finalize(), indicates a bug -- POSSIBLE RESOURCE LEAK!!!
    [junit] ------------- ---------------- ---------------

Is this expected? Can it be ignored?

Also, not sure where it's coming from, but notice this typo:

14.okt.2010 --> okt instead of oct I assume. Is it something defined in SOLR
code?

Shai

Re: Is this warning expected?

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the explanation Robert !

Shai

Re: Is this warning expected?

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is this warning expected?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Yonik Seeley
> <yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll try and take another look after we get the test logging straitened out.
>>

> we can turn back on forking for each solr test to workaround it?

I just tried that - doesn't seem to work.
More tests have INFO logging, but many still do not.

I did this:
-           forkmode="perBatch"
+           fork="true"

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Is this warning expected?

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Yonik Seeley
<yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:

> I'll try and take another look after we get the test logging straitened out.

we can turn back on forking for each solr test to workaround it? I
don't understand the logging and this would make tests much slower,
but logging would work.

Re: Is this warning expected?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran SOLR tests today and I've noticed this print appearing several times:
>
>     [junit]
>     [junit] ------------- Standard Error -----------------
>     [junit] 14.okt.2010 12:14:28
> org.apache.solr.common.util.ConcurrentLRUCache finalize
>     [junit] SEVERE: ConcurrentLRUCache was not destroyed prior to
> finalize(), indicates a bug -- POSSIBLE RESOURCE LEAK!!!
>
> Is this expected? Can it be ignored?

I think these are all probably test bugs that don't properly close resources.
When I did a full "ant test" I saw these in DirectUpdateHandlerTest...
*but* when I ran that test alone, I didn't see the warnings.