Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Chris Bai <cb...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/29 20:55:30 UTC

no "browse category" mini-window on ecommerce main page

Hi

I created a catalog, categories, and products. The association of them seems
fine to me in Catalog Manager. But when I choose my catalog on the ecommerce
main page, there is no "browse category" mini-window on the left column of
the main page. If I select "Demo Catalog", then a browse category
mini-window shows up. Any idea why?

Currently, there are 5 categories in my catalog:
1.browse root (type: Browse Root (One) )
2.all products (typ: Admin Allow (One) )
3.all products (typ: Purchase Allow (One) )
4. all products(type: View Allow (One) )
5. promotion category (type: Promotions (One))

You can see, I tried different category types for "all products" without any
help. However, the promotion category works fine because I can see the
products under this category show up on the main page. I want to at
least have the "all products" category show up in the "browse category"
mini-window. Seems to be a simple task.

Re: no "browse category" mini-window on ecommerce main page

Posted by Chris Bai <cb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris

You are exactly right. Adding "Primary Parent Category" did not rollup
automatically.
Thanks. it is working now.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.