Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/05/17 07:35:56 UTC

sockaddr->port should be only set-able?

I'm about to start cracking on the accessors that provide get/set access
when in reality they not be allowed to set. I'll deal with those that
can't be set due to thread-safety. I have a few ideas. But there are a few
that I'm not sure about. The first one I happened to spot is port() from
APR::SockAddr. I can't think of how one can possibly need to change the
port number after creating the socket. That's obviously true for apps
running under Apache, but I'm not sure about external use. I guess there
is no harm if we disable it now, and provide in the future if we find out
that there is indeed a need to allow that. We won't break any backward
compatibility by adding set set ability post API freeze. What do you
think?