Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/16 23:54:52 UTC

Apache Geronimo V1 - Documentation Draft

Hi All,
I updated the documentation and now it shows up as Apache Geronimo V1
Documentation Draft reflecting the upcoming, long waited, new release.

Some additions for today are:
- Apache Geronimo project overview
- Security -> Concepts
- Security -> Login into Geronimo
- Troubleshooting

There is still a huge list of topics to cover like Architecture,
Administration, Development and Deployment.

Is there anyone who volunteers to contribute to any of these topics?

http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1692

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: Apache Geronimo V1 - Documentation Draft

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
John Sisson wrote:

> Looking at the site it isn't clear to those who wish to contribute
> Geroniomo documentation on the Atlassian hosted Confluence wiki what the
> license will be for the documentation.
> I think the licensing should be clear, as documentation shouldn't be
> treated any differently to code contributions AFAIK.

Hi john,

It's a very good point. I'm so much unconscious of the differences
between licenses that I'm very happy to see others who take care of it ;)

> John

Jacek

Re: Apache Geronimo V1 - Documentation Draft

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Agree, it should be under the same license as Geronimo, currently
Version 2.0.

It would be great to have the confluence template updated but I can not
do it since I am just a user. Is there a confluence admin that would add
the ASF license to the footer?

As for contributing, you just need to register to have "edit" access and
try to follow the documentation template we are using in the other
articles. If you have any questions on the formatting, just let me know.

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.
Nice work Hernan.