Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/07 23:19:30 UTC

Re: What's next for SCA & BPEL Integration - component type update done

Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> Are you guys still making changes to the BPEL code?
>
> I'd like to be able to work with BPEL components in the domain without
> having to boot the whole runtime. I'd like to do it sometime later this
> week but for that to work I'll need to split implementation-bpel in two
> modules (model and runtime) like we've already done for other
> implementation types.
>
> Is now a good time to do that split or is it going to conflict with the
> changes you've been working on? Any chance you guys can commit your
> changes to avoid complex merging? or should I make the split on the side
> in sandbox to give you more time to work on this and then we merge later?
>
> Thanks

Jean-Sebastien,

OK, the component type introspection updates are done and committed under 654282.

You're free to go do the split.

Yours,  Mike.

Re: What's next for SCA & BPEL Integration - component type update done

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Cool Mike, this is very good improvement for the bpel impl...
>
> BTW, could you please check if you have committed one of the new model
> classes : BPELPartnerLinkTypeExt
>
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Mike Edwards
> <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Luciano,

The class BPELPartnerLinkExt is a new part of the interface-wsdl-xml module, which was committed
under 654287, separately from the changes to the implementation-bpel package.

BPELPartnerLinkExt is a class which handles the <partnerLinkType.../> elements which turn up as
extensions in WSDL documents, separate from the BPEL process documents.

I wrote a BPELExtensionHandler class to deal with reading & writing these elements as part of WSDL
documents and I have added this extension handler to the WSDLDocumentProcessor class, which does the
handling of WSDL files.  I thought it was better to keep this stuff in the WSDL processing code -
there may be other extensions which we may well need to handle in WSDL files and I suspect it is
best to keep all the extensions in one place so that it is plain for everyone to see the full extent
of our WSDL handling.

I hope it all works - it could for sure do with some more testcases, especially error cases like
missing links between particular partnerLinks and the portTypes which define their interfaces.

Yours,  Mike.

Re: What's next for SCA & BPEL Integration - component type update done

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: What's next for SCA & BPEL Integration - component type update done

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Mike Edwards wrote:
> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>> Are you guys still making changes to the BPEL code?
>>
>> I'd like to be able to work with BPEL components in the domain without
>> having to boot the whole runtime. I'd like to do it sometime later
>> this week but for that to work I'll need to split implementation-bpel
>> in two modules (model and runtime) like we've already done for other
>> implementation types.
>>
>> Is now a good time to do that split or is it going to conflict with
>> the changes you've been working on? Any chance you guys can commit
>> your changes to avoid complex merging? or should I make the split on
>> the side in sandbox to give you more time to work on this and then we
>> merge later?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Jean-Sebastien,
>
> OK, the component type introspection updates are done and committed
> under 654282.
>
> You're free to go do the split.
>

> Yours,  Mike.

Great, Thanks! I'll go and do it soon.