Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ben Lentz <BL...@channing-bete.com> on 2008/01/07 17:52:07 UTC

Google URI Redirector Spam

Greetings list!
I've been sitting on this one for a while, hoping an update would be
released in one of the sa-update channels... but it seems that users are
complaining about the continued high false negative identification of
spam messages containing only a google.com, googlepages.com, or
google.co.uk (etc) URI redirect to a spammer's site (sometimes a
spammed-owned googlepages account or a ?q= or ?search= type redirect).
Sometimes I get network digest check hits or SURBL hits, but all too
often, these messages make it through.

What's the best way to identify these messages? Do I need to write a
redirector_pattern for these Google-related URI redirects, or is there
more to it than that? What are you folks doing at your sites?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Google URI Redirector Spam

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Ben Lentz wrote:

> What's the best way to identify these messages? Do I need to write a
> redirector_pattern for these Google-related URI redirects, or is there
> more to it than that? What are you folks doing at your sites?

I add 2 points for a URI referring to googlepages.

/Per Jessen, Zürich