Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by pa7751 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/27 11:59:27 UTC

Validating with Xerces for XSD 1.1

Hi

I am trying to validate an xml against schema 1.1 using xerces2.11 librray.
However, it is unable to parse the asserts. The documentation says that
xerces 2 library supports assertions. then why am I unable to validate my
xml.

Using JAXP I can do it, but not using xerces. The files are attached. Could
anyone please suggest http://old.nabble.com/file/p34486266/code.zip code.zip

Re: Validating with Xerces for XSD 1.1

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
as far as I know, XSD 1.1 validation with Xerces is exposed only via
the JAXP API. Xerces supports XSD 1.0 validation integrated with SAX
and DOM parsing, but not XSD 1.1 validation with these parser APIs.

you wrote, "Using JAXP I can do it, but not using xerces". Xerces
provides implementation of JAXP, SAX and DOM APIs (and quite a few
others).

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM, pa7751 <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I am trying to validate an xml against schema 1.1 using xerces2.11
> librray. However, it is unable to parse the asserts. The documentation says
> that xerces 2 library supports assertions. then why am I unable to validate
> my xml. Using JAXP I can do it, but not using xerces. The files are
> attached. Could anyone please suggestcode.zip

Mukul Gandhi