Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by steve stout <st...@union.arizona.edu> on 2004/05/01 01:54:11 UTC

Using FlowText.

I have a simple problem... I hope.  I'm trying to make use of the
FlowText extension, but it just isn't working... even on the samples in
samples/extensions.  No text is showing up, but the rest of the SVG is
being rendered fine.

Is there something special I need to do to enable the extension?

Thanks!

.steve

Re: Using FlowText.

Posted by Robert Marcano <ro...@marcanoonline.com>.
On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 19:54, steve stout wrote:
> I have a simple problem... I hope.  I'm trying to make use of the
> FlowText extension, but it just isn't working... even on the samples in
> samples/extensions.  No text is showing up, but the rest of the SVG is
> being rendered fine.
>
> Is there something special I need to do to enable the extension?

Jeje, I have just figured it out a few hours ago when trying to view the
samples, and this is the first email since I subscribed to the list :-P

For a custom application you need to have "lib/batik-extension.jar" in
your classpath, If you are using only the browser, start it using the
file "extensions/batik-squiggle-ext.jar" with a double click (if the
associations exists) or with:

"java -jar extensions/batik-squiggle-ext.jar"

This jars , have the classpath reference to batik-extension.jar on its
MANIFEST file

> Thanks!
>
> .steve

Robert Marcano