Posted to dev@gossip.apache.org by Terry Weymouth <we...@umich.edu> on 2017/07/04 04:36:39 UTC

intermittent Jackson Warning

Gossip Dev Folk: when I run the PNCounter example for a long time, I am seeing this message, every now and then…
WARN 00:09:05,337 com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: No serializer found for class org.apache.gossip.crdt.PNCounter and no properties discovered to create BeanSerializer (to avoid exception, disable SerializationFeature.FAIL_ON_EMPTY_BEANS) (through reference chain: java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap["myPNCounter"]->org.apache.gossip.model.SharedDataMessage["payload”])

Any idea why?
Terry.

Re: intermittent Jackson Warning

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Tuesday, July 4, 2017, Terry Weymouth <we...@umich.edu> wrote:

> Gossip Dev Folk: when I run the PNCounter example for a long time, I am
> seeing this message, every now and then…
> WARN 00:09:05,337 com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: No
> serializer found for class org.apache.gossip.crdt.PNCounter and no
> properties discovered to create BeanSerializer (to avoid exception, disable
> SerializationFeature.FAIL_ON_EMPTY_BEANS) (through reference chain:
> java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap["myPNCounter"]->org.apache.
> gossip.model.SharedDataMessage["payload”])
>
> Any idea why?
> Terry.

I have seen that before. The way the crdt types work you insert via a merge
method. Because we are doing custom serialization sre CrdtModule sometimes
empty objects can throw that.

We need better handling and logginf for that type of issue. I believe that
comes from the first class which takes objects off the wire.

--
Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than
usual.