Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by anurodh sinha <ta...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/14 11:38:20 UTC

"OPenNLP" command not found

Respected Sir/Madam,

i followed all the step required for installingas mentioned in the
documentation and setting environment variable OPEN_NLP in the path but
when i give command "OpenNLP" on command line(ubuntu 12.10 version) to run
opennlp,it gives message "command not found".

KIndly guide me(*i am novice about this tool*) what steps to follow or if
if any further step is required.

Expecting for your generous response and suggestion.

Thanks &regards,
Anurodh

Re: "OPenNLP" command not found

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
It should work out of the box on Ubuntu.
Did you install Java?

Download the binary distribution from our website,
then unpack it.

Open a terminal and then cd to the opennlp distribution
directory. There you should be able to type bin/opennlp
and it should print out the usage message.

There should be no need to set the environment variable.

HTH,
Jörn