Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2014/12/05 17:21:49 UTC

revamping the Apache cTAKES website

cTAKES-ers,

we would like to start working on updating the Apache cTAKES website - some of the information there is already stale and needs refreshing. Do you have ideas on website design, content, etc.? Would you like to contribute to the effort? We are planning to start working on the website the week of Dec 15.

Cheers,
--Guergana

Re: revamping the Apache cTAKES website

Posted by John Green <jo...@gmail.com>.
Looks great.

Bootstrap provides most of the css/layout natively. There are augmentations
freely available like http://bootswatch.com/ that can add flare to the
packaged css. Design is easy with templating incorporated into systems like
django ;-) (not another plug!) Bootstrap also has some "designs" as
examples on its website that would probably be safe to use as a base.

JG

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
jay vyas

Re: revamping the Apache cTAKES website

Posted by Murali <mm...@gmail.com>.
Looks great. +1

Posted by "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Very nice, Pei, thank you!!!

For now, don't pay too much attention to the content and images, they are just placeholders, working on them.
--guergana

Anyway, a pretty amazing fresh start, thanks Pei

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Looks great.

I like 2 copies of the Download button but I think I would remove the 2nd copy of the Capabilities Example button that's at the bottom of the page and just leave the one near the upper right.

Posted by andy mcmurry <mc...@gmail.com>.
+1 !! Very nice

Posted by John Green <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu>.