Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by chrisgage <ch...@bellsouth.net> on 2009/11/01 04:41:22 UTC

Re: FileAppender is not assignable to Appender

This project started using Spring (and its dependency on commons logging)
back in June 2007, but this problem only started this summer, two years
later.  In those two years it has grown to 200 JSPs and over 1000 classes so
it's hard to find an error that refuses to say exactly where it was created.

But I do appreciate the contribution, and will check it out...

Posted by Brett Randall <ja...@gmail.com>.
Log4j is identifying the classloaders with incompatible versions of the
classes referenced.  The classpaths are missing so hard for me to deduce
more, but you may be able to determine which WAS classloaders in the
webapp's classloader hierarchy have been responsible for loading the
incompatible versions, which may lead to the reason why this is occuring.

If you are running log4j 1.2.6 or later try setting system property
log4j.ignoreTCL=true to tell log4j to not-prefer the thread context
classloader.

Brett