Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Cynthia <cc...@symcor.com> on 2008/03/04 01:21:02 UTC

Geronimo 2.x slow in rendering jsp

Hi:

   I've tried to load the same jsp (plain jsp) in both geronimo 1.1.1 and
2.0, ends up 2.0 is very very slow.  It takes around 1 min just to load a
login page.  Is there any way I can speed this up? It seems it isn't the
problem when I"m using geronimo 1.1.1

    I've set the geronimo_opts as the following but it doesn't help.

GERONIMO_OPTS="-server -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx256m  -XX:PermSize=128m
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m"

   Is there any other way I can improve the jsp first rendering? Other than
jsp compile during the build.

Thanks

Re: Geronimo 2.x slow in rendering jsp

Posted by Cynthia <cc...@symcor.com>.
Yes.. this is any jsp, and it only happens when the first time load that jsp.
The 2nd time loaded the same jsp it is fine.

I've deployed the application on
SunOS edpapd106 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T1000
with 9.8G of disk space

Thanks

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
On Mar 4, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> Cynthia, is this any JSP?  On our benchmark app we don't see the
>> long times your referring to but then again I wouldn't say it is
>> blistering fast either.  What kind of system are you running on?
>> (Frequency, processor type, etc.)
>
> It sounds like the problem is on the initial rendering of the JSP. I
> assume that we've measured the performance of multiple hits to a
> JSP, not the performance characteristics of the *first* hit to a JSP.

Sorry for being obtuse.  I was referring to the initial hit but was
referring to the complexity of the JSP, special tags, etc. or was this
an overall any JSP on my machine.

Re: Geronimo 2.x slow in rendering jsp

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 4, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Cynthia, is this any JSP?  On our benchmark app we don't see the
> long times your referring to but then again I wouldn't say it is
> blistering fast either.  What kind of system are you running on?
> (Frequency, processor type, etc.)

It sounds like the problem is on the initial rendering of the JSP. I
assume that we've measured the performance of multiple hits to a JSP,
not the performance characteristics of the *first* hit to a JSP.

Cynthia,
Your GERONIMO_OPTS are a bit redundant (e.g. MaxPermSize). How large
is your JSP? If you can share an app that displays the behavior you
describe, I'm pretty sre someone would be able to take a look.

--kevan

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.