Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Rodrigo Mansho <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/02 21:09:46 UTC

CouchDb in JAVA

   Hi, i wanna get document(doc attach "_attachment") name in couchdb, but
there aren't function in JAVA, how can i do it?

  Thank

--
Rodrigo Mansho
USP - ICMC

Re: CouchDb in JAVA

Posted by Fred Janon <fj...@gmail.com>.
Check this page on the WIKI:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_Java

Fred

Re: CouchDb in JAVA

Posted by Sven Helmberger <sv...@gmx.de>.
Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2009, at 16:18, Rodrigo Mansho wrote:
>
>>  Hi, I wanna edit documents, but How can i get old versions of the
>> documents? using jcouchdb 0.7.2.jar ?
>
> You're not supposed to work on older revisions of your documents.
>
> I have no experience with the jar file you mention, but 0.7.2 is quite
> dated :)

It's still the current version to use with couchdb 0.8.1. I'm waiting
for 0.9 to arrive to release a new version.

Regards,
Sven

Re: CouchDb in JAVA

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 6 Mar 2009, at 16:18, Rodrigo Mansho wrote:

>  Hi, I wanna edit documents, but How can i get old versions of the
> documents? using jcouchdb 0.7.2.jar ?

You're not supposed to work on older revisions of your documents.

I have no experience with the jar file you mention, but 0.7.2 is quite
dated :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: CouchDb in JAVA

Posted by Sven Helmberger <sv...@gmx.de>.
Rodrigo Mansho wrote:
>   Hi, I wanna edit documents, but How can i get old versions of the
> documents? using jcouchdb 0.7.2.jar ?
>
>   Thanks.

There is no support for retrieving old revisions in 0.7.2.

if you need that you have to update to the svn versions of both
jcouchdb and couchdb. in the svn there's a

Database#getDocument(Class<D> cls, String docId, String revision,
JSONParser parser)

which provides access to old versions.

Regards,
Sven Helmberger

Re: CouchDb in JAVA

Re: CouchDb in JAVA

Posted by Rodrigo Mansho <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan, thanks for your help, but i need get name of document attach , I
solution putting tags name of document, there is other solution?

thanks.

--
Rodrigo Mansho
USP - ICMC