Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com> on 2001/07/23 17:20:51 UTC

Sitemap recompiles...

I'm wondering how to control recompilations on sub-sitemaps separately from
the topmost sitemap.

Speficically, the line in cocoon.xconf that controls recompiles is:

<sitemap file="sitemap.xmap" reload-method="asynchron" check-reload="yes"/>

- As set above, are all sub-sitemaps recompiled if changed?
- Can I configure a sub-sitemap to with check-reload="no" but leave the
topmost sitemap as check-reload="yes"? If so, how?

Thanks, Per.

RE: Sitemap recompiles...

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
> I'm wondering how to control recompilations on sub-sitemaps
> separately from
> the topmost sitemap.
>
> Speficically, the line in cocoon.xconf that controls recompiles is:
>
> <sitemap file="sitemap.xmap" reload-method="asynchron"
> check-reload="yes"/>
>
> - As set above, are all sub-sitemaps recompiled if changed?
> - Can I configure a sub-sitemap to with check-reload="no" but leave the
> topmost sitemap as check-reload="yes"? If so, how?

Actually, I wrote to hastily and wasting people's time. I had found the
section about mounting sitemaps and controling their recompilation using
check-reload="yes|no" on the <map:mount> element.

What my example should have asked is can you also control the reload-method
for a sub-sitemap?

Part of me wonders if the question even makes sense: if the topmost sitemap
is recompiled asynchronously, could the subsitemap be compiled syncronously?

Per.

RE: Sitemap recompiles...

Posted by Per Kreipke <pe...@onclave.com>.
God, what a moron. Should have read a little further before skipping out of
the docs to experiment. Not to mention should have posted to cocoon-users
first.

Found my answer, sorry to waste valuable time.

My apologies, Per.