Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2015/03/03 15:53:54 UTC

Re: update on 2.4 release status

The following JIRA issues are still open.  Once they are marked resolved or
bumped to another release, we can cut a release candidate for 2.4.

VCL-764 - Database changes for VCL 2.4
VCL-722 - OpenNebula module
VCL-564 - Run custom scripts during various reservation stages
VCL-526 - add section to site to manage connect methods
VCL-392 - Add option to rename computer separate from Sysprep

A few changes need to be made to vcl.sql and update-vcl.sql for the OpenNebula
module. After that, 764 can be resolved.

I'm still waiting to hear from Dmitri on marking 722 as resolved.

I think we talked about doing 526 if we had time, otherwise, we'd bump it to
2.5.  I'd say to go ahead and bump it.

That leaves 564 and 392.  Anyone have an update on those?

Thanks,
Josh

On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 1:37:01 PM you wrote:
> I thought I'd send an update to let people know how things are progressing
> toward the 2.4 release.  Andy is almost finished with the cluster
> reservation issues he mentioned in the thread "Problems with update_cluster
> in OS.pm" along with a few other minor issues he encountered along the way.
>  Karuna is looking in to adding authentication to the broker tool.  If she
> can add that in somewhat quickly, we plan on including her contribution.
> If not, we'll bump it to a later release.
>
> Dmitri - Can VCL-722 "OpenNebula Module" be marked as resolved?
>
> That leaves a few remaining JIRA issues.  After that, we should be ready to
> cut the release.
>
> Josh
> --
> -------------------------------
> Josh Thompson
> VCL Developer
> North Carolina State University

- --
- -------------------------------

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: update on 2.4 release status

Posted by Andy Kurth <an...@ncsu.edu>.
I reopened VCL-174 - NAT Support.  It's very broken and currently only
works if a single NAT reservation exists.  I'm working on this now.

> VCL-564 - Run custom scripts during various reservation stages

This is done.  Needs to be documented.

> VCL-526 - add section to site to manage connect methods

I will relent and accept this this won't be included.

> VCL-392 - Add option to rename computer separate from Sysprep

I'm fine with untagging this one.  It isn't a big issue unless MS file
sharing, workgroup, or AD things are being used.

-Andy

Re: update on 2.4 release status

Posted by Aaron Peeler <fa...@ncsu.edu>.
+1 on bumping 526 to next release

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

> The following JIRA issues are still open.  Once they are marked resolved or
> bumped to another release, we can cut a release candidate for 2.4.
>
> VCL-764 - Database changes for VCL 2.4
> VCL-722 - OpenNebula module
> VCL-564 - Run custom scripts during various reservation stages
> VCL-526 - add section to site to manage connect methods
> VCL-392 - Add option to rename computer separate from Sysprep
>
> A few changes need to be made to vcl.sql and update-vcl.sql for the OpenNebula
> module. After that, 764 can be resolved.
>
> I'm still waiting to hear from Dmitri on marking 722 as resolved.
>
> I think we talked about doing 526 if we had time, otherwise, we'd bump it to
> 2.5.  I'd say to go ahead and bump it.
>
> That leaves 564 and 392.  Anyone have an update on those?
>
> Thanks,
> Josh
>
> On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 1:37:01 PM you wrote:
>> I thought I'd send an update to let people know how things are progressing
>> toward the 2.4 release.  Andy is almost finished with the cluster
>> reservation issues he mentioned in the thread "Problems with update_cluster
>> in OS.pm" along with a few other minor issues he encountered along the way.
>>  Karuna is looking in to adding authentication to the broker tool.  If she
>> can add that in somewhat quickly, we plan on including her contribution.
>> If not, we'll bump it to a later release.
>>
>> Dmitri - Can VCL-722 "OpenNebula Module" be marked as resolved?
>>
>> That leaves a few remaining JIRA issues.  After that, we should be ready to
>> cut the release.
>>
>> Josh
>> --
>> -------------------------------
>> Josh Thompson
>> VCL Developer
>> North Carolina State University
>>
>> my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu
>>
>> All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which
>> are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public
>> Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.
> - --
> Josh Thompson
> VCL Developer
> North Carolina State University