Posted to users@camel.apache.org by damianharvey <Da...@aon.com.au> on 2010/12/10 05:30:06 UTC

Camel log() and log4j MDC

Log4j has a nice feature where you can throw variables into the MDC static
class and refer to them in the ConversionPattern in your log4j.properties.

I am using this to store an AuditId that I take from a SOAP header. Ideally
I'd like all log messages to be printed out with this AuditId however only
the code called from the Thread that receives the SOAP message has access to
this variable. As soon as the Camel Route is started then a different thread
runs and it has no access to this variable.

Is it possible to somehow pass the MDC into the Camel thread? My hack so far
is to pass the AuditId into the route as a Header and set the MDC again.

Thanks,

Damian.

Customed Interceptor's message cannot be traced

Posted by ext2 <xu...@tongtech.com>.
Hi:
	Camel support user to define custom InterceptStrategy;
	But the exchanged processed by the custom interceptor's cannot be
logged by Camel's Tracer.
	This is because camel always wrap tracer before wrapping the custom
interceptors;
	Maybe camel should wrap tracer after the custom interceptors;

Re: Camel log() and log4j MDC

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Camel 3.0 will switch to use slf4j which has such a feature as well.

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:30 AM, damianharvey <Da...@aon.com.au> wrote:

> Log4j has a nice feature where you can throw variables into the MDC static
> class and refer to them in the ConversionPattern in your log4j.properties.
>
> I am using this to store an AuditId that I take from a SOAP header. Ideally
> I'd like all log messages to be printed out with this AuditId however only
> the code called from the Thread that receives the SOAP message has access to
> this variable. As soon as the Camel Route is started then a different thread
> runs and it has no access to this variable.
>
> Is it possible to somehow pass the MDC into the Camel thread? My hack so far
> is to pass the AuditId into the route as a Header and set the MDC again.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Damian.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource