Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com> on 2011/04/08 15:47:02 UTC

passing objects between plugins

I'm looking for a way to pass an object from a plugin (e.g. in the
process-resources phase) to another plugin (e.g. in the package
phase). I've done similar things using execution properties in the
MavenSession object, but this only support String values. Is there
some other data structure which can be used to pass something other
than a String?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: passing objects between plugins

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> phase). I've done similar things using execution properties in the
>> MavenSession object, but this only support String values. Is there
>> some other data structure which can be used to pass something other
>> than a String?
>
> I was going to suggest via the MavenSession object... so I guess I
> can't help here. If you find a solution, post back.
>
> (Couldn't you arguably serialize your object as a string?)

I'm effectively doing this already by saving an XML representation of
the object in the target directory, but I thought something more
direct would be nicer looking :)

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.