Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Huy Phan <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 04:17:09 UTC

Prepare input data for Hadoop

Hi all,

I have a question about strategy to prepare data for Hadoop to run their
MapReduce job, we have to (somehow) copy input files from our local
filesystem to HDFS, how can we make sure that one input file is not
processed twice in different executions of the same MapReduce job (let's
say my MapReduce job runs once each 30 mins) ?
I don't want to delete my input files after finishing the MR job because
I may want to re-use it later.

Re: Prepare input data for Hadoop

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.
Use an external database (e.g., mysql) or some other transactional
bookkeeping system to record the state of all your datasets (STAGING,
UPLOADED, PROCESSED)

- Aaron