Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Vincent Zurczak <vi...@linagora.com> on 2014/11/21 19:05:02 UTC

Deployment error with the Karaf Maven plugin

Hi,

I work on a project that provides Karaf features and even custom Karaf
distributions.
To achieve this, I use the Karaf Maven plugin (3.0.2). The build and the
platform work fine.

However, when I run *mvn deploy* on my project, the Maven modules that
use the Karaf plugin cannot be uploaded on Sonatype.
I get a 401 error from Nexus. All my other modules are successfully
uploaded, except these ones (feature and distribution). I made some
tests. I changed the packaging type of one of a feature module to POM
and it kept on failing. I then removed the plugin declaration in the
build section, and it finally worked. I concluded there was some kind of
blacklist on Sonatype about unknown plugin's group IDs. I submitted a
bug on Sonatype [0] and it seems there is no black or white list.

I was asked by Sonatype support whether the plugin could alter my Maven
settings.
I tried to intercept the request Maven sends to Nexus with TCPmon. But
since it is HTTPS, it does not work.
I checked out the code of the Maven plugin, but I did not find anything
for the moment. If there is something, I guess it would be in the
dependency helpers. I said if.

Do you have any idea about this?
Otherwise, does anybody here already see such a problem?

Here is the link to one of the modules than cannot be uploaded. [1]
I use Maven 3.2.2, with OpenJDK 7 on Ubuntu.

Thanks for your help.

                 Vincent.

[ 0 ] : https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-12482
[ 1 ] :
https://github.com/roboconf/roboconf-platform/tree/master/karaf/roboconf-karaf-feature-agent

--
Vincent Zurczak

Phone: +33 (0) 6 40 28 86 57
Linagora: www.linagora.com <http://www.linagora.com/>

Twitter <https://twitter.com/VincentZurczak> Vincent Zurczak @ LinkedIn
<http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/vincent-zurczak/18/b35/6a7> My Skype ID
<callto://vincent.zurczak> My English blog <http://vzurczak.wordpress.com>

Re: Deployment error with the Karaf Maven plugin

Posted by Vincent Zurczak <vi...@linagora.com>.
Hi,

Le 22/11/2014 07:09, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
> it's a known issue with karaf-maven-plugin 3.0.2.
> I have a Jira about that, it will be fix for 3.0.3.

OK. Thanks for the answer. :)

Le 22/11/2014 00:36, Roedl Lukas a écrit :
> I had exactly the same problem.
>
> Build is working fine when I revert back to karaf-maven-plugin version
> 3.0.1<http://vzurczak.wordpress.com>

Actually, I had problems with version 3.0.1 about nested features.
But there is no emergency, I will wait for version 3.0.3. ;)

Regards,

                  Vincent.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

it's a known issue with karaf-maven-plugin 3.0.2.

I have a Jira about that, it will be fix for 3.0.3.

Regards
JB

jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

AW: Deployment error with the Karaf Maven plugin

Posted by Roedl Lukas <Lu...@ait.ac.at>.
Hi!

I had exactly the same problem.
Build is working fine when I revert back to karaf-maven-plugin version 3.0.1

Best,
Lukas