Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com> on 2017/08/16 17:33:53 UTC

Timestamp interoperability design doc available for review

Dear Spark Community,

Based on earlier feedback from the Spark community, we would like to
suggest a short-term fix for the timestamp interoperability problem[1]
between different SQL-on-Hadoop engines. I created a design document[2] and
would like to ask you to review it and let me know of any concerns and/or
suggestions you may have.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-12297
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XmyVjr3eOJiNFjVeSnmjIU60Hq-XiZB03pgi3r1razM/edit

Thanks,

Zoltan

Re: Timestamp interoperability design doc available for review

Posted by Imran Rashid <ir...@cloudera.com>.
I've posted a design doc on SPARK-12297, which builds on what Zoltan posted
here earlier.  It addresses the parquet issues and also considers current
inconsistencies in timestamp behavior for spark across data formats and
versions.  I believe this incorporates all of the prior concerns and
feedback.  I should post a PR for it soon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mcbkVo-PSsFh6iOOYx6Rk_34aY25H_zT1E2f7KmLMOU/edit#

thanks,
Imran