Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Daniel May <Da...@spryware.com> on 2009/04/08 01:26:16 UTC

RE: Platform Support in APR 2.x

We look to target:
	- Windows XP
	- Windows Vista
	- Windows Server 2003
	- Windows Server 2008
	- Windows 7
   These equate to  NTDDI_VERSION >= NTDDI_WINXP (or the deprecated _WIN32_WINNT and WINVER >= 0x0501)

Compilers:
	- MSVC++ 8.0 or greater ( _MSC_VER >= 1400 )

We are deprecating Win2k and earlier, and Visual Studio 7.1 and earlier (_MSC_VER <= 1310)

For *NIX
	- Solaris 10 (x86)
	- MAC OSX
	- RHEL 4 & 5 (kernel 2.6 or greater)

Compilers:
	- gcc version 4 or greater

All in 32-bit and 64-bit (where available)

We are currently using CVS, but are planning to migrate to SVN
We use Cmake on all *NIX platforms

/Daniel