Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by anjan <po...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/24 08:53:49 UTC

Re: Group membership and Privileges

Hi Angela, sorry for posting on a older thread.  But this is related to my
original question.  In the above case (where "test" user belongs to
adminstrators group and also have some granted privileges), whether
Jackrabbit returns "jcr:addChildNodes" privilege also if I query for
Effective privileges for the user "test"?

Re: Group membership and Privileges

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi

the method AccessControlPolicy[] getEffectivePolicies(java.lang.String
absPath)
does not return anything specific for your test user. the method is
expected
to return the policies that take effect on the node located at absPath.

note however that JSR 283 defines this as 'best effort' search.
see JSR 283 section 16.3.5 Scope of a Policy

kind regards
angela

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi anjan

sorry... you lost me :-)

do you mean the result of AccessControlManager#hasPrivileges
when you refer to 'effective privileges'? if that's the case,
yes that method is intended to take the effective permissions
for the editing session into account which also includes
inherited permissions (by group membership or or by hierarchy).

but please not that only persisted ac content is evaluated.
any transient changes pending on that session do not take effect.

kind regards
angela