Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2009/02/06 14:44:31 UTC

Plans for a OpenJPA 1.0.4 release?

Just seeing what our options are for our upcoming Geronimo 2.1.4
release, where we may want to rollback to either the prior OpenJPA 1.0.3
release we used for Geronimo 2.1.3 or if we can expect a 1.0.4 release
in the next week or two?

I'm asking, as we are seeing some EJB TCK failures when we use OpenEJB
3.0.1-SNAPSHOT or 3.1.1-SNAPSHOT with OpenJPA 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT and we may
need to cut a release before we can resolve the failures....

Also, we are working on a 2.2 release, but there is more time to debug
those problems and we want to include the latest OpenJPA 1.2 release in
that stream, even if we decide to use a 1.0.x release in the Geronimo
2.1.4 release.

-Donald

Re: Plans for a OpenJPA 1.0.4 release?

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 6, 2009, at 10:55 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Kevan Miller
> <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Personally, I'd prefer to see the issue with OpenJPA 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT
>> resolved. Anybody making any progress on identifying the root cause
>> of the
>> issue?
>

> I'm not aware of any open issues related to the TCK.  The last issue
> that
> was raised was with the EJB3 TCK with OpenJPA, which used OpenJPA, of
> course.  We responded with a JIRA Issue that supposedly resolved that
> problem.  I thought it was openjpa-872 (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-872), but I may be
> mistaken.
>
> If there are any other open issues, I am not aware of them.

Sorry, for slow response... I'm not a very regular OpenJPA dev list
reader...

Right. So, until we've done enough analysis of the problem, it's hard
to be very specific. May or may not be an OpenJPA problem, don't know
what operations are being performed. Will have to check with the G
community for curren status -- problem diagnosis has been a bit slow...

--kevan

Re: Plans for a OpenJPA 1.0.4 release?

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I'd prefer to see the issue with OpenJPA 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT
> resolved. Anybody making any progress on identifying the root cause of the
> issue?

I'm not aware of any open issues related to the TCK.  The last issue that
was raised was with the EJB3 TCK with OpenJPA, which used OpenJPA, of
course.  We responded with a JIRA Issue that supposedly resolved that
problem.  I thought it was openjpa-872 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-872), but I may be mistaken.

If there are any other open issues, I am not aware of them.

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 6, 2009, at 8:44 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Just seeing what our options are for our upcoming Geronimo 2.1.4
> release, where we may want to rollback to either the prior OpenJPA
> 1.0.3 release we used for Geronimo 2.1.3 or if we can expect a 1.0.4
> release in the next week or two?
>
> I'm asking, as we are seeing some EJB TCK failures when we use
> OpenEJB 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT or 3.1.1-SNAPSHOT with OpenJPA 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT
> and we may need to cut a release before we can resolve the
> failures....

By the way, the Geronimo project has a policy for granting Apache
committers access to the Java EE 5 TCK materials.

If any OpenJPA committers are interested, see -- http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-project-policies.html#GeronimoProjectPolicies-AccesstoTCK

--kevan