Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/29 20:42:50 UTC

What is the effect of removing the storm.local.dir directory

What is the effect of clearing out the entire storm.local.dir directory?

I tried to upgrade from 0.9.4 to 0.9.5 but it seems like things are running
half in the old dir and half in the new dir. Not sure how to resolve this.
Was wondering if deleting the local storm dir would affect my current bolts
and spouts?  There is another server somewhere for the devs that are
running their topololgies. I don't know much about storm development yet.

Re: What is the effect of removing the storm.local.dir directory

Posted by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for kind of duplicate question.  My first question was regarding a
problem.  The second question is related but not the same. This thread was
what  is the effect of removing the storm.local.dir. Is this an ephemeral
storage?  Can it be deleted to reset a worker node with no impact to the
overall cluster? I'm trying to get an understand of how to administer
storm... Adding workers, removing, fixing a broker worker, etc...

cheers

Posted by Dillian Murphey <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weathers <ew...@groupon.com>.