Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rd7 <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 02:22:59 UTC

ActiveMQ 4.1.1 performance issues

Hello,

   We are having performance issues with ActiveMQ 4.1.1 in a client's
production environment.  We have a single queue where the application
(producer) sends messages to the queue and is read by another application on
another server (the consumer).

  The amount of messages sent is probably a few thousand per day at the
most.  Messages being sent to the queue are not being received right away by
the consumer.  We have some test forms that allows us to send test messages
in the production environment.  I had sent 3 of them and never saw them
being processed by the consumer.  After we stopped the application that
sends the messages (the producer), the consumer application got the messages
after a few moments.

  The ActiveMQ configuration is just the standard being used, derby with
journaling enabled.  The platforms run on Linux.  Running the TOP utility
did not show anything, CPU usage was at 1% at the most.

  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-rd