Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by GUERARD Elisabeth <el...@europarl.europa.eu> on 2007/11/14 14:00:29 UTC

Tapestry 5: running tutoriel

Dear all,

I try to run the tutoriel for Tapestry 5 at the following address:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tutorial1/first.html
I have problem with the first step: create an empty application by using
feature of Maven, archetype.

It 's the first time, i use Maven, I install it correctly, create an
empty folder and run the following command:
mvn archetype:create
  -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry
  -DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart
  -DarchetypeVersion=5.0.5
  -DgroupId=org.apache.tapestry
  -DartifactId=tapestry-tutorial1
  -DpackageName=org.apache.tapestry.tutorial

I had the following error: [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found

By looking at Maven 's website, about archetype, I found configuration
of pom.xml and archetype.xml.
I need to do the same in this case, isn't it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Eli

Re: Tapestry 5: running tutoriel

Posted by Michael Bernagou <bl...@gmail.com>.
Just to say her problem is fixed since she's my collegue.

The Eclipse we use here is a custom (crap) Eclipse and jetty and maven
plugins do not work "normally". She used a normal Eclipse 3.2 WTP with the
regular plugins (plus some proxy configuration) and it now it works.

2007/11/14, Jeffrey ai <ja...@cucbc.com>:

> Eli,
>
> Your mvn command should run without any manual download or settings.
>
> I have seen the similar error message before. My problem is caused by a
> broken maven plugin in my local repository, which is gotten from our
> incorrectly-configured repository server.  I would suggest you to try
> the following things:
>
> * Remove your
> "$HOME/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin"
> or move it somewhere else
>
> * If you have $HOME/.m2/settings.xml setup, move it somewhere else
>
> * Try to run the command again. This will make you redownload the plugin
> from maven central repository, which should work.
>
> Good luck!
> Jeffrey Ai
>
> GUERARD Elisabeth wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >

> > I try to run the tutoriel for Tapestry 5 at the following address:
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tutorial1/first.html
> > I have problem with the first step: create an empty application by using
> > feature of Maven, archetype.
> >
> > It 's the first time, i use Maven, I install it correctly, create an
> > empty folder and run the following command:
> > mvn archetype:create
> >   -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry
> >   -DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart
> >   -DarchetypeVersion=5.0.5
> >   -DgroupId=org.apache.tapestry
> >   -DartifactId=tapestry-tutorial1
> >   -DpackageName=org.apache.tapestry.tutorial
> >
> > I had the following error: [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]
> > [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
> > not exist or no valid version could be found
> >
> > By looking at Maven 's website, about archetype, I found configuration
> > of pom.xml and archetype.xml.
> > I need to do the same in this case, isn't it?
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> > Eli
> >

> --
> Jeffrey Ai
> Software Developer Analyst
> MemberDirect(R) Product Development
> phone: 604 737 5957
> email: jai@memberdirect.ca
> website: www.memberdirect.ca

Michael Bernagou
Java Developper

Re: Tapestry 5: running tutoriel

Posted by Jeffrey ai <ja...@cucbc.com>.
Eli,

--
Jeffrey Ai
Software Developer Analyst
MemberDirect® Product Development

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
hi eli,

maven will download any maven plugin that was not already downloaded
from the public repositories. if you run maven with the option -e at the
end
it will display a more complete error message. if you are behind a proxy
ensure you have it set in your settings.xml (please refer to the maven
documentation for more details)

hope it helps
g,
kris