Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Mena <rt...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/02 14:53:31 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Limiting the number of accesses per directory

Hi Robert,

I want to be able to do two things :
a) limit the amount of bandwidth used by some users.
b) limit the number of apache children used by certain
users

Reasoning :
item a) will prevent a popular site (perhaps with mp3
or "strange" material to eat all my bandwidth.   Item
b) Since I have limited hardware resources (memory,
processor etc) Would be nice to avoid all 254 httpd
processes to be taken by a single site.

> What exactly is it you want to prevent? You are
saying that this "page"
> is taking 90% of the _free_ children; how do you
determine this and why
> does it matter?

I do not have control of the page. Could be a php
generated or a plain html

> If you rather meant that it is taking 90% of all
children ("slots"),
> you may want to turn off Keep-Alive or lower the
timeout, but that depends very much on the nature of
this "page".

What does it do ?