Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Govindan <kg...@hotmail.com> on 2009/12/26 22:58:23 UTC

Problem Invoking the Webservice hosted on Local Machine

Hi,
I am new to webservice and was learning webservice.
I created a new webservice through apache axis2 in the following URL.
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWorldService?wsdl
When i go to this URL i could see the correct wsdl file.
After this I used the following command to create the stubs
C:\webservice-resources\webservicetutorial\client>WSDL2Java.bat -uri
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWorldService?wsdl -o client
It gave the followig error
xis2-1.5.1
Using JAVA_HOME:    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_16
Retrieving document at
'http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWorldService?w
sdl'.
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException
: Error parsing WSDL
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat
ionEngine.java:156)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR:
Unabl
e to resolve imported document at
'http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWor
ldService?wsdl'.: java.io.FileNotFoundException: This file was not found:
http:/
/localhost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWorldService?wsdl
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile(
CodeGenerationEngine.java:288)
        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat
ionEngine.java:111)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: This file was not found:
http://localh
ost:8080/axis2/services/HelloWorldService?wsdl
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(Unknown
Source)

        ... 6 more

So i copied the WSDL from the browser and pasted in to the client folder and
executed the above command as
C:\webservice-resources\webservicetutorial\client>WSDL2Java.bat -wsdl
C:\webserv
ice-resources\webservicetutorial\client\helloservice.wsdl -o client

It run successfully and got the client stubs.

Then I created another project to invoke the webservice . Used the following
code

		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		try{
			HelloWorldServiceStub serviceStub = new HelloWorldServiceStub();

			HelloWorldServiceStub.Customer customerParameter = new
HelloWorldServiceStub.Customer();
			customerParameter.setName("TestName");

			HelloWorldServiceStub.GetCustomer cutomerRequest = new
HelloWorldServiceStub.GetCustomer();
			cutomerRequest.setFindCustomer(customerParameter);

			HelloWorldServiceStub.GetCustomerResponse customerResponse =
serviceStub.getCustomer(cutomerRequest);

			System.out.println(customerResponse.get_return().getName());
			System.out.println(customerResponse.get_return().getAddress());
		}
		catch(Exception e){
			System.out.println("Fault is " + e.getMessage());
			e.printStackTrace();
		}

	}

When I invoke this code I go the error
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transport error: 404 Error: Not found
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.handleResponse(HTTPSender.java:310)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:200)
	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:76)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:400)
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:225)
	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:435)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:402)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
	at
net.roseindia.HelloWorldServiceStub.getCustomer(HelloWorldServiceStub.java:488)
	at net.client.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:21)

Can anyone please help.Attaching the wsdl file for your reference
http://old.nabble.com/file/p26930176/helloservice.wsdl helloservice.wsdl

Re: Problem Invoking the Webservice hosted on Local Machine

Posted by Govindan <kg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Amila,
Thanks for your reply.
I deployed on the local machine and was trying to access it from the local
machine.My OS is Windows Vista.
Any clues??

Thanks
Govindan