Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2007/02/26 19:39:22 UTC

Re: svn commit: r506768 - in /forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 00:41 +0000, rgardler@apache.org wrote:
> Author: rgardler
> Date: Mon Feb 12 16:41:06 2007
> New Revision: 506768

> Log:
> Some example/utility build scripts
>
> Added:
>     forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts/
>     forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts/common-ivy.xml
>     forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts/common-java.xml
>     forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts/common-webapp.xml

Hi Ross,

I am following your footsteps on the ivy branch. Like Gavin I am new and
still understanding. The above files are the ones you mentioned on the
list earlier as being possible candidates to be moved to ivy directly,
right?

I did not found them in their repo.

salu2
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions

Re: svn commit: r506768 - in /forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 19:50 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> Hi Ross,
>>>
>>> I am following your footsteps on the ivy branch. Like Gavin I am new and
>>> still understanding. The above files are the ones you mentioned on the
>>> list earlier as being possible candidates to be moved to ivy directly,
>>> right?
>>>
>>> I did not found them in their repo.
>> Yes, I just re read the proposal thread.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> I reckon they are based on
> http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/tutorial/multiproject.html
> as I understand them.

Yep, they are.

I used them on a couple of commercial projects late last year, but those
were startup projects so the build files may need to be made a little
more generic to work with something like Forrest.

Ross

Re: svn commit: r506768 - in /forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

No that's just me being lazy in the project I created these files for.
Everything needs to be generalised to make them truly useful. I've not
even looked at these build files with respect to Forrest yet. I'm trying
to find the time to migrate all the jars over to ivy first.

For Forrest we would use the jetty distribution we already use.

Ross

RE: svn commit: r506768 - in /forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Gav...

Re: svn commit: r506768 - in /forrest/branches/ivyBuild/tools/ivy/build-scripts

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.