Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/09 19:48:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0 (take 2)

After 9 month of development, we have a new minor release candidate
apache-camel-2.11.0 ready.
It comes with 656 issues resolved: new features, improvements and bug fixes
[1]. You can find the release notes here [2].

Please find the staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-082/

The tarballs are here
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecamel-082/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/2.11.0/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/tags/camel-2.11.0/

Please review, help out with testing and vote to approve this release
binary. Please mention what you tested to prevent duplicate work. Your vote
counts!

[ ] +1 Release the binary as Apache Camel 2.11.0
Vote is open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks in advance,
Christian

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.11.0%22
[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311211&version=12321695

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0 (take 2)

Posted by David Karlsen <da...@gmail.com>.
You can use the enforcer plugin to enforce stuff (and optionally have it
active in a profile to only run when you want/during preparing a release):
http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/maven-enforcer-plugin/

Animal sniffer could be something to look into as an alternative if you in
fact want to build on another JDK, but check API signatures:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/animal-sniffer-maven-plugin/

David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0 (take 2)

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi

I think your build of yesterday should be O.K. even if you used JDK 1.7
for the build as we instruct the maven-compiler-plugin to make use of
${jdk.version} (which is 1.6) both for the source as well as the target:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/pom.xml

And you could easily verify this by running one of the distribution
examples we have inside the tarballs using JDK 1.6 to see if they run well
using JDK 1.6.

Another easy way to verify this is to check that the class files major
version is 50 (in Java 7 it would be 51), e.g. on my workspace it's 50
EVEN IF I use JDK 1.7 for the build (because of the reason described
above):

~/dev/workspace/camel/camel-core/target/classes>javap -verbose
org.apache.camel.Route
Compiled from "Route.java"
public interface org.apache.camel.Route
  SourceFile: "Route.java"
  minor version: 0
  major version: 50
  Constant pool:
const #1 = class	#42;	//  org/apache/camel/Route
const #2 = class	#43;	//  java/lang/Object
const #3 = Asciz	ID_PROPERTY;
const #4 = Asciz	Ljava/lang/String;;
const #5 = Asciz	ConstantValue;
const #6 = String	#44;	//  id
const #7 = Asciz	PARENT_PROPERTY;
const #8 = String	#45;	//  parent

That all said to make it 100% x 100% sure, yes you could initiate another
build.

Babak

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
And also the links of TOC don't work by the staging repo version, e.g. click
on:

Introduction...............................................................................................................
23

Nothing happens, in contrast to the one from my box where it JUMPS to the
Introduction page as soon as you click on it.

Babak

Babak Vahdat wrote

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
At present I'm using:

cmueller$ /usr/local/lib/prince/bin/prince --version
Prince 8.1 rev 5
Copyright 2002-2013 YesLogic Pty. Ltd.
Non-commercial License

Will downgrade and build again. If it works, I will cancel this this vote
and start a new build...

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi Christian,