Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Panzeri Alessandro <Al...@nttdata.com> on 2013/09/02 16:37:43 UTC

[users@httpd] apache reverse proxy

I have a reverse proxy machine and a web server machine. The FQDN of the web server machine is fr.example.com.
What I need is to configure the reverse proxy such that every request on port 80 to the folder /am is proxied to http://fr.example.com<http://fr.example.com/>:8080/am.

So far I've added these lines in httpd.conf:

ProxyPass /am http://fr.example.com:8080/am
ProxyPassReverse /am http://fr.example.com<http://fr.example.com/>:8080/am

However the problem is that the browser of an internet user is redirected to http://fr.example.com<http://fr.example.com/>:8080/am which cannot be solved by the browser since http://fr.example.com has a private IP address only.

Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data.  If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding