Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> on 2001/07/15 19:07:42 UTC

SMS cleanup types, WAS: RE: cvs commit: apr/memory/unix apr_pools.c

> so.... you can... make your _own_ cleanup type?

Yes.

> say... a thread-ending-cleanup type?
> you can you do per-type cleanupping?

Yes.

> then it will call the cleanups and only free [or
> register for reuse in the free list, depends
> on the sms instance implementation] areas of memory
> registered by that type?

Yes.

> what happens when you destroy the sms?  is _everything_
> cleanedup then?

No, only the general cleanups are executed. The other
cleanups are simply ignored. You are responsible for
running cleanups of other types than ALL or GENERAL
(I still need to patch up the ALL type, btw).

I don't know if this will work, but you could register
a cleanup function of type GENERAL that calls
apr_sms_cleanup_run_type() on your sms...
This is then executed on reset and/or destroy and in turn
makes sure the cleanups of your type are executed.

Sander