Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> on 2007/11/04 14:43:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Wicket 1.3.0 release candidate 1

Hi all,

I have uploaded the artifacts to my p.a.o account. This is what I have
tested:

* Run "mvn clean install" on the distribution. Installs, no test failures.
* Run RAT[1] on the release and checked the output. Nothing to notice.
* Tried different things in the examples, like ajax, links, images, forms,
guice and pub2. Nothing to notice.

The releases has been signed with my GPG key, which you can find in the
KEYS[2] file. It's still not signed by anyone (lazy me)

Anyway, here you can find the distribution files:
http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/dist/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/dist/>

and here you can find the maven repo:
http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/m2-repo/<http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/m2-repo/>

and here I have uploaded the RAT logs:
http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/>

[ ] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1
[ ] Don't release, because...

Regards
Frank

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/arat/
[2]: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/common/KEYS

Re: [VOTE] Release Wicket 1.3.0 release candidate 1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
[x] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1

Ate

Re: [VOTE] Release Wicket 1.3.0 release candidate 1

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
[ x ] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1
[ ] Don't release, because...

Eelco

Re: [VOTE] Release Wicket 1.3.0 release candidate 1

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.

> [x] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1

  Gerolf

Re: [VOTE] Release Wicket 1.3.0 release candidate 1

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

On Nov 4, 2007 3:27 PM, jweekend <jw...@cabouge.com> wrote:

> 1.3.0-rc1; that has a very pleasant ring to it, congratulations!
> I was still expecting beta5, so this is a nice surprise.
> Regards - Cemal
> http://jWeekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk
>

> Frank Bille-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have uploaded the artifacts to my p.a.o account. This is what I have
> > tested:
> >
> > * Run "mvn clean install" on the distribution. Installs, no test
> failures.
> > * Run RAT[1] on the release and checked the output. Nothing to notice.
> > * Tried different things in the examples, like ajax, links, images,
> forms,
> > guice and pub2. Nothing to notice.
> >
> > The releases has been signed with my GPG key, which you can find in the
> > KEYS[2] file. It's still not signed by anyone (lazy me)
> >
> > Anyway, here you can find the distribution files:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/dist/<http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/dist/>
> > <
> http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/dist/
> >

> > and here you can find the maven repo:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/m2-repo/<http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/m2-repo/>
> <
> http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/m2-repo/
> >

> > and here I have uploaded the RAT logs:
> > http://people.apache.org/~frankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/>
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Efrankbille/releases/apache-wicket-1.3.0-rc1/>
> >
> > [ ] Release Apache Wicket 1.3.0-rc1
> > [ ] Don't release, because...
> >

> > Regards
> > Frank
> >

> > [1]: http://code.google.com/p/arat/
> > [2]: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/common/KEYS

Bruno Borges
blog.brunoborges.com.br
+55 1185657739

"The glory of great men should always be
measured by the means they have used to
acquire it."
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Re: [VOTE] Release Wicket 1.3.0 release candidate 1

Posted by jweekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
Hmm, thats weird. I have built on linux and as you know the
release.shrequires a mvn and mvn4 (
1.4). Så it should have been build and tested using the correct jre's.

Can anyone shed some light on this failing test? I can't (apparantly)
reproduce it.

Frank

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
On Nov 7, 2007 6:14 PM, Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07 November 2007, 3:48:47 PM, Al Maw wrote: AM> Frank Bille wrote:
> >> No problem. When I release it will be tested. Both the compile,
> unit test >> and manual testing. And then we will convince Martijn to
> also test it on his >> OSX. when I call for a vote again.
>
> AM> FWIW, the branch now has 100% passing tests on my OS X box.
>
> Also here on WinXP.

Thanks guys :-)

Re: [VOTE] Release Wicket 1.3.0 release candidate 1

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.
Frank Bille wrote:
> No problem. When I release it will be tested. Both the compile, unit test
> and manual testing. And then we will convince Martijn to also test it on his
> OSX. when I call for a vote again.

FWIW, the branch now has 100% passing tests on my OS X box.

Regards,

Al

Re: [VOTE] Release Wicket 1.3.0 release candidate 1

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
ok so what are we going to do?

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
I cancel this vote, because of bugs found. I will restart it tonight when I
have created a new release.

Thank you all for participating.

Frank

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
looks good

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
Even so, it's better to have a RC-2 than Beta-6 :) (beta5 -> rc1)

The community trusts more on release candidates than betas. :D

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
really, do you think?

Posted by Evan Chooly <ev...@gmail.com>.
DO IT, DOUG!!!