Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Cleber Moura <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 20:39:47 UTC

embedded openejb for j2se application

Hi,

I would like to know, if there is a way to configure a j2se application to
use the openejb embedded server.
On development time (inside the IDE - eclipse), it works perfectly. But,
when I do generate the jar and execute outside of the IDE, it doesn't work.

Thanks.

--
Cleber Moura

Re: embedded openejb for j2se application

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

if you want to use openejb as server you can use the openejb-standalone
zip, it can be considered as a light tomee (without web features).

if you want to start it from a jar simply write a main and start/stop
openejb in this method.

- Romain

Posted by Neale Rudd <ne...@metawerx.net>.
Hi Cleber,

What error message are you receiving?

Can you share your tomcat/tomee system log and the openejb.log?

Best Regards,
Neale

Sent from MOTOROLA PHOTON™

I would like to know, if there is a way to configure a j2se application to
use the openejb embedded server.
On development time (inside the IDE - eclipse), it works perfectly. But,
when I do generate the jar and execute outside of the IDE, it doesn't work.

Thanks.

--
Cleber Moura

--f46d04462f1629024604bc3dd357-

Re: embedded openejb for j2se application

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
Hi Cleber,

Here is an example of how to run the embedded version of it
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/examples/jpa-hibernate/src/test/java/org/superbiz/injection/h3jpa/MoviesTest.java

The "EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(p).getContext()" is the important part.

[]s,
Thiago.