Posted to user@poi.apache.org by sp0065 <sp...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/11 07:39:43 UTC

How to update embedded metadata in PPTX

I delete slides from the PPTX presentation with removeSlide()

Properties of the presentation stored in docProps/app.xml are not changed
with the deletion of slides. For example, number of Words or number of
Slides stays the same. I am using that embedded metadata for search.

Is it possible to update that metadata in docProps/app.xml with Apache-POI?

Thank you,

Re: How to update embedded metadata in PPTX

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, sp0065 wrote:
> Properties of the presentation stored in docProps/app.xml are not
> changed with the deletion of slides. For example, number of Words or
> number of Slides stays the same. I am using that embedded metadata for
> search.
>
> Is it possible to update that metadata in docProps/app.xml with Apache-POI?

POI allows you to edit that metadata, but doesn't provide anything to help
you calculate what the values should be

XSLFSlideShow extends from POIXMLDocument, which has getProperties which
yields a POIXMLProperties. You can then get the low level CT properties
object which you can manipulate

Nick