Posted to users@ace.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2012/04/04 09:50:08 UTC

Deployment Admin target auto-added

Hi all,

I have written a basic deployment admin implementation for the Apache Celix
project. In case anyone isn't familiar with Celix, Celix is an
implementation of the OSGi spec in C.

This deployment admin is capable of reading/downloading/installing ACE
versions. Since Celix bundles are similar to OSGi bundles (ZIP file with a
manifest and standard OSGi headers), it is possible to use ACE out of the
box for Celix bundles.

But I have one issue, my Celix targets don't show automatically in the web
interface. I have to add them by hand.

How does ACE determine a new target is available?

TiA!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: Deployment Admin target auto-added

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply,

> > How does ACE determine a new target is available?
>
> I did not check the code exactly, but it looks at the audit log. My guess
> is that you have not implemented that yet. Eventually you will need to do
> that anyway, as feedback from the audit log is also how ACE determines that
> a deployment package really was succcesfully installed (or not).

Is there some sort of documentation/design for this? Or is the code the
best documentation in this case ;).

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:

> I have written a basic deployment admin implementation for the Apache Celix
> project. In case anyone isn't familiar with Celix, Celix is an
> implementation of the OSGi spec in C.
>
> This deployment admin is capable of reading/downloading/installing ACE
> versions. Since Celix bundles are similar to OSGi bundles (ZIP file with a
> manifest and standard OSGi headers), it is possible to use ACE out of the
> box for Celix bundles.
>
> But I have one issue, my Celix targets don't show automatically in the web
> interface. I have to add them by hand.
>
> How does ACE determine a new target is available?

I did not check the code exactly, but it looks at the audit log. My guess is that you have not implemented that yet. Eventually you will need to do that anyway, as feedback from the audit log is also how ACE determines that a deployment package really was succcesfully installed (or not).

I'm sure Angelo will correct me if I'm wrong about this. :)

Greetings, Marcel